A Career as a .NET Developer
.NET Developers are best defined as a type of Web Programmer with a strong understanding of the .NET framework. They’re responsible for developing a variety of online programs, applications and interfaces. The role requires the design, development and implementation of applications which provide solutions to business problems. Using their programming skills, developers are able to integrate their applications with other technologies and deliver specifications as requested by clients.
.NET Developers are required to program, test, debug, document and monitor their code. They are also expected to collaborate with other developers, as well as with colleagues in other technology roles like Hardware Engineers, Designers, Project Managers and Quality Assurance (QA) Testers. Developers should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and be able to pay attention to detail with excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
There are a number of different types of .NET Developers including:
- Application Developers,
- C# Developers,
- Software Engineers and
- Web Developers.
A career as a .NET Developer can lead to many exciting career opportunities including becoming a Systems Designer/Analyst, and IT Team Lead, a Scrum Master, a Software Development Manager or a Program Manager.
In order to become a .NET Developer you will require one or more of the following qualifications – a Diploma in Information Technology, a Diploma in Computer Science, a Diploma in Computer Engineering or an MCSD Certification.
Skills required for .Net Developer Job include:
- In-depth, working knowledge of one or more .NET development languages.
- Familiarity with one or more of the .NET stacks.
- Translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Integrating data storage solutions which may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Helping to maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Corporate IT has a large database of highly skilled technology professionals in Cape Town and Johannesburg, while always being on the lookout for fresh talent with in-demand skill sets . We effectively and efficiently drive business results because we are well networked in the IT community throughout South Africa, and our expert IT recruiters understand how quickly the competitive parameters can shift. Whether you are looking for the next step in your IT career, or you are a company seeking the best in the field, Corporate IT is the perfect strategic partner to connect you with the experience you need.